Male Orgasm and Ejaculation

Male orgasm is caused by rapid muscle contraction in the pelvic with feeling of intense pleasure and ecstasy. Some men describe orgasm as a warm sensation that begins in the scrotum and spread rapidly to some parts of the body and for some men the pleasure feeling of warm sensation spread rapidly throughout the body after orgasm.

Penis Enlarger That Works

Straighten Bent Penis Naturally

Even though man’s orgasm is associated with ejaculation, but these two processes are not the same and do not take place at the same time. Ejaculation is the process where semen is expelled from the body through the penis and it occurs in two stages, emission phase and expulsion phase.

Emission phase is the first stage in which seminal fluid is gathered in the urethral bulb. Expulsion phase is the second stage in which the semen is expelled through the penis by muscular contraction.

Retrograde ejaculation is the process in which semen is expelled into the bladder instead of through the penis. This usually occurs in men who have undergone prostate surgery. This ejaculation is not harmful and men who frequently experience this condition should seek medical attention.

Nocturnal emission is an involuntary ejaculation that occurs during sleep also known as “wet dream.”

Female orgasm usually last longer than male orgasm and the only difference is women are capable of returning to orgasm phase quickly right after their initial orgasm and this also explain why some women are capable of achieving more than one orgasm in a short period of time. Men are not capable of returning to orgasm phase as quickly as women following their initial orgasm and only in some cases where some men are able to achieve more than one orgasm in a short period of time.

Some men may experience ejaculation few seconds after orgasm and some who are not able to ejaculate are still able to experience orgasm. However, some men may be able to achieve more than one orgasm with or without ejaculation.

Ejaculation consists mainly of semen or seminal fluid, about 70% of the seminal fluid are supplied by seminal vesicles that consist of alkaline fluid rich in fructose sugar which is responsible for sperm nutrition and motility. The other 30% of the seminal fluid are supplied by the prostate with a small percentage of the fluid supplied by cowper’s glands.

On average a single ejaculation may consists one tea spoon of seminal fluid that may range between 2 to 6 milliliters depending on other condition such as good health and old age. Seminal fluid is mainly consists of acids, water, enzymes, fructose, and a variety of other substances.

In a single ejaculation, semen may contain between 200 and 500 million sperm. Sperm can travel between 3 to 4 inches to fertilize an egg and it can survive between 30 seconds to 6 days after ejaculation.

Return from Male Orgasm to Male Sexual Anatomy

Return to Homepage Self Help Sexuality